The Federal Waterways Engineering and Research Institute offers students numerous chances to add practical experience to their scientific work - whether in the form of an internship, a thesis or by working as a student assistant.
We can offer students of civil engineering internships. The internship must be a requirement of the examination regulations. The objective of an internship at the BAW is to enhance the theoretical knowledge that has already been acquired by means of practical experience.
- Students should have completed their 4th semester or have obtained their Vordiplom (intermediate diploma).
- The internship must be required by the training, study or examination regulation and may last between 4 weeks or a maximum of 6 months.
Please include the following documents with your letter of application:
- a curriculum vitae in tabular form
- a copy of your school leaving certificate and, if applicable, your intermediate diploma (Vordiplom), Bachelor's Degree and any additional proof of achievement relevant to the application along with references
- a copy of the current certificate of enrolment and presentation of the training, study or examination regulation with regard to the internship
We recommend that you submit your application at least 3 months before the beginning of the internship.
Diploma thesis and student assistants
We supervise diploma theses and are looking for student research assistants on a regular basis, particularly in the fields of civil engineering and the natural sciences.
Job postings can be found on the 'Job vacancies' page in the section University Students.