The website is published by:
Bundesanstalt für Wasserbau
76187 Karlsruhe, Germany
P.O. Box 21 02 53
76152 Karlsruhe, Germany
Phone: +49 (0) 721 9726-0
Fax: +49 (0) 721 9726-4540
Responsible for content
We assume no liability for completeness, editorial and technical errors, omissions or the accuracy of information on this website.
In particular, we make no warranty with respect to the completeness or accuracy of information obtained through links to external websites. Operators of websites are responsible for the content they make available for use on their own websites, subject to the provisions of general law. This "own content" is to be distinguished from links to content provided by operators of external websites.
Hyperlinks to the contents of external websites are provided for information purposes only.
Responsibility for the content of external websites lies solely with the provider of such content. External websites are carefully scrutinised and checked to the best of our knowledge and belief before any corresponding link is created. We make no warranty, however, with respect to the completeness or accuracy of information obtained through links to external websites. The content of external websites can be changed at any time without the knowledge of the Bundesanstalt für Wasserbau. With respect to all links provided on this website, we explicitly declare that we have no control over the design and content of external websites that can be accessed through links on this website; in addition, such links do not imply endorsement of the linked websites or their contents. This declaration applies to all pages on this website and all links contained therein.
Please inform the online editorial staff if the Bundesanstalt für Wasserbau provides links to websites whose content may be deemed objectionable.
The Bundesanstalt für Wasserbau reserves the right, without prior notice, to change, supplement or remove the information provided on this website.
The Bundesanstalt für Wasserbau considers the protection of your personal data to be a very serious matter. We have taken technical and organisational measures to ensure that both we as well as external service providers comply with the provisions governing data protection.
Accessing our Website
Every visit to the website of the Bundesanstalt für Wasserbau is stored in a log file. The following information is stored in the log file for a maximum of 14 days:
- Name of file accessed
- Date and time of access
- Amount of data transmitted
- Notification of whether the file was accessed successfully
- IP address of the retrieving server
The stored data are analysed solely for the purpose of optimising our internet service.
We ask for the name and other personal information of persons who order publications from us. Users are free to decide whether or not to submit this information. Access to this data is limited to a small number of authorised persons from the Bundesanstalt für Wasserbau.
Transmission of Personal Data to Third Parties
Data collected from visits to the Bundesanstalt für Wasserbau's website and stored on log files are transmitted to third parties only when required by law or court decision, or in cases when attacks on the Bundesanstalt für Wasserbau's internet infrastructure make it necessary to forward such data for purposes of legal action or criminal prosecution. We do not transmit data for other non-commercial or for commercial purposes.
If you order information materials, the personal data you submit is only used within the Bundesanstalt für Wasserbau.
Protection of Minors
Persons under 18 years of age should not transmit personal data to the Bundesanstalt für Wasserbau without the permission of their parents or persons entitled to exercise parental authority.
Links to External Websites
Our website contains links to external websites. We have no control over whether the operators of these linked websites comply with data protection laws.
If you have any questions about data privacy at the Bundesanstalt für Wasserbau please contact our Data Protection Officer:
Unless stated otherwise the Bundesanstalt für Wasserbau reserves the copyright for all texts.
Unless stated otherwise the Bundesanstalt für Wasserbau or the Wasser- und Schifffahrtsverwaltung reserves the copyright for all pictures.
Texts, text passages, graphics, tables or pictorial content on this website may only be reproduced, disseminated or exhibited with the prior permission of the Bundesanstalt für Wasserbau.
- The Bundesanstalt für Wasserbau has obtained all the rights of use to digital images used from the authors unless otherwise stated, e.g. in the accompanying image information.
- The image information and the restrictions on use and application contained therein must be observed. The user shall be solely liable for any damage resulting from non-compliance. The user shall to this extent indemnify the Bundesanstalt für Wasserbau from any claims made by third parties. Use of the visual material in the historical federal waterways picture library is subject to separate conditions of use.
- These images may be downloaded at no charge and used for reporting purposes in the following contexts:
- Press releases
- Publication in film and on television
- Any processing, redesigning or manipulation of the digital images in any form which goes beyond colour corrections, cropping or reductions in size are prohibited and shall only be undertaken with the prior written permission of the Bundesanstalt für Wasserbau. Digital images shall not be reproduced in a context which would distort their meaning.
- Any distortion of the work protected by copyright in image or in word or in any other form, e.g. post-photographing, art manipulation, photocomposing or electronic aids is prohibited. The user shall be responsible for text attached.
- The press shall be obliged, in particular, to comply with the fundamental code of conduct of the German Press Council (German Press Code). The authorisation to utilise picture material does not automatically guarantee that the persons depicted, the holders of the rights to the works portrayed or the holders of titles to trade marks and other protected rights have given their consent to the public reproduction. The user is responsible for obtaining the necessary authorizations from third parties that may be necessary in individual cases. The user shall respect the privacy rights, the copyright, trade mark rights and all other protected rights of individuals, works, objects or symbols depicted. Should these rights not be respected, the user shall be solely liable for any damages payable to third parties.
- The Bundesanstalt für Wasserbau reserves the right to investigate any suspicion of improper utilisation or any serious infringement of the terms and conditions of use.
- When digital images are used, the source should be given as "BAW/first and surname of photographer". This also applies to electronic publications (e.g. websites). Before any material is published in printed form, a specimen copy must be sent to the Bundesanstalt für Wasserbau, unsolicited and free of charge.