The website is published by
Bundesanstalt für Wasserbau
Postfach 21 02 53
Phone: +49 (0) 721 9726-0
Fax: +49 (0) 721 9726-4540
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Responsible for content
arxio GmbH (programming, realisation)
Studio GOOD, Berlin
We accept no liability for completeness, editorial and technical errors, omissions, etc. or the accuracy of information on this website.
In particular, no liability can be accepted for the completeness and accuracy of information provided by external sources to which a link is provided from the website. Website providers are responsible for their own content that they make available in accordance with the generally applicable laws. A distinction must be made between this content and links to content made available by other providers.
Hyperlinks to the content of external websites are provided for information purposes only.
The provider of the external sites who makes the content available is solely responsible for it. The external websites of third-party providers have been examined with the utmost diligence and to the best of the provider’s knowledge and belief before including the respective reference. However, no liability can be accepted for the completeness or accuracy of information provided by external sources which can accessed via hyperlinks. The content of external websites can be changed at any time without the knowledge of the Federal Waterways Engineering and Research Institute (BAW). The following statement applies to all links on this site: We emphasise that we do not have any influence on the design and content of any websites made available by external providers that can be accessed through links on this website and that such links do not imply any endorsement of their content. This statement applies to all pages on this website and to all links available on these pages.
We kindly ask you to make us aware if the BAW links to any pages whose content is objectionable.
The BAW reserves the right, without prior notice, to change, supplement or remove the information provided on this website.
All information on the BAW website is protected by copyright. Unless stated otherwise, the content of these pages are provided under a CC BY 4.0 license (Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International). The expressions of opinion and/or statements of fact appearing on pages linked to this website are the sole responsibility of the author or authors and do not reflect the BAW’s opinion.
All freely accessible data of the BAW may, in accordance with section 12a of the E-Government Act (Act to promote electronic government (EGovG)) may be re-used without any restrictions and without the need for compulsory registration provided that the source reference is indicated, as laid down in the Ordinance to Determine the Conditions for Use for the Provision of Spatial Data of the Federation ("Verordnung zur Festlegung der Nutzungsbestimmungen für die Bereitstellung von Geodaten des Bundes:) (GeoNutzV). As to the layout of source references, the BAW requests that the following guidelines be observed (cf. section 3 of the GeoNutzV ordinance):
- The obligation to incorporate the enclosed source references shall apply to any data and other services of the BAW that are used without alteration. Source references must also be incorporated even if extracts or excerpts are used or if the data format has been changed. Displaying the BAW logo shall be considered as meeting the requirement of source reference as defined in the GeoNutzV ordinance.
- In the event of more advanced alterations, processing, new designs or other modifications, the BAW at least expects to be mentioned in a central list of references or in an imprint.
- Indication of alteration according to the GeoNutzV ordinance may read as follows: “Data basis: Federal Waterways Engineering and Research Institute, gridded data reproduced graphically”, “Data basis: Federal Waterways Engineering and Research Institute, averaged over individual values”, or “Data basis: Federal Waterways Engineering and Research Institute, own elements added".
- If a service provided by the BAW is used in a way that does not comply with its intended purpose, the enclosed source references have to be deleted. This shall apply in particular to warnings for which there is no guarantee that they are delivered to all users at all times completely and without delay.
The templates below may be used to visualise the source reference and, if required, provide links to pages on the BAW website:
- BAW logo
- Copyright: © Federal Waterways Engineering and Research Institute
- Source: Federal Waterways Engineering and Research Institute
Wherever data or information from third parties is used for the generation of BAW-own products and services, the BAW assures that it holds all necessary rights to do so.